The Finance Division is primarily responsible for the development and preparation of the City of Novato's annual operating budget and Capital Improvement Program budget.
The City of Novato adopts its budget each June for the following fiscal year, which runs from July 1 to June 30. The budget, while a financial document, is also an important policy document, outlining the City Council’s priorities for the upcoming year and showing where the City's funds will be allocated.
Fiscal Year 2019/20 Budget Process Overview
The City budget process for the 2019/20 fiscal year began in February 2019 and will include a community workshop on Saturday, March 30. Additional workshops will be held during regular City Council meetings and public comment will be taken. There will be an Operating Budget City Council work session on April 9, 2019; a Capital Improvement Program City Council work session on April 23, 2019, and continued discussion, public hearings, and budget direction received from the City Council at its May 7, 2019 and June 11 & 25, 2019 meetings.
Prior Years Adopted Budgets
- Adopted Budget Fiscal Year 2018/19
- Adopted Budget Fiscal Year 2017/18
- Adopted Budget Fiscal Year 2016/17
- Adopted Budget Fiscal Year 2015/16
- Adopted Budget Fiscal Year 2014/15
- Adopted Budget Fiscal Year 2013/14
- Adopted Budget Fiscal Year 2012/13
- Adopted Budget Fiscal Year 2011/12