Serving Our Community
The City of Novato welcomes community participation in local government through its Boards, Commissions & Committees. If you have an interest in serving your community, applying for a position on a city board, commission or committee is a great place to start. If you are interested in serving, review the list below to learn more about a specific board and submit an application. All members are appointed by the City Council to City boards, commissions and committees for two year terms that begin on September 1 each year and serve without compensation.
Application & Vacancies
The City Council accepts applications year round for their Boards, Commissions and Committees. An annual recruitment is held in the fall. However, many boards, commissions and committees have vacancies throughout the year. Visit our Current Vacancies page for more information.
APPOINTMENTS to the following boards, commissions, and committees have not yet taken place: 1) Multicultural Advisory Commission, 2) Recreation, Cultural & Community Service Advisory Commission, 3) Street Improvement Oversight Advisory Committee, and 4) Novato Streetscape Committee.
Local Appointments Listing
In compliance with the requirement of the Maddy Act, Government Code 54972, the City of Novato Local Appointments List is posted on or before December 31st of each year. The list indicates all current members of Boards, Commissions and Committees and the dates of their terms of office as of the time of this posting. Note: the names on this list are subject to change based on resignation or other unexpected vacancies.
City Boards, Commissions and Committees
Find information about meetings, agendas & minutes, responsibilities and more. Each board, commission and committee is supported by a staff liaison.
- Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Design Review Commission
- Economic Development Advisory Commission
- Housing, Zoning and Building Codes Appeals Board
- Marin County Aviation Commission
- Marin County Commission on Aging
- Mosquito and Vector Control District
- Multicultural Advisory Commission
- Novato Citizens Finance Advisory / Oversight Committee
- Novato Community Television (NCTV) Board of Directors
- Novato Public Finance Authority
- Novato Streetscape Committee
- Planning Commission
- Police Advisory and Review Board
- Recreation, Cultural & Community Services Advisory Commission
- Street Improvement Oversight Advisory Committee
- Successor Agency Oversight Board
- Traffic Safety Advisory Committee
- Zoning Administrator
You can also apply using a paper application. Completed, signed applications should be returned to the Novato City Clerk, 922 Machin Avenue, Novato, CA 94945