Stay up-to-date on what is happening in your City of Novato:
- Sign-up to receive notifications via e-mail and/or text message on topics YOU CHOOSE including news, events, and City Council meeting previews and highlights.
- Check out our e-newsletter and sign-up to receive featured stories and information on city projects, programs, new initiatives, policy decisions, and helpful resident and business information.
City-owned Hamilton Commissary Site - Update on Request for Proposals
Per direction from City Council at their meeting on February 27, 2018, the City issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) for the Hamilton Commissary and Christmas Tree Hill parcels (APNs 157-970-03 & 157-720-02) on May 15, 2018. Responses were due on August 13, and to date, the City has received three proposals:
- Proposer: EAH Housing - eahhousing.org
- Proposer: Avesta Development Group, LLC - avestadev.com
- Proposer: City Ventures, LLC - cityventures.com
At the February 27 meeting, Council agreed to the following process to review the proposals:
- As the first step of the selection process, Council will consider the price and terms of payment offered in each of the proposals at a Closed Session scheduled for this purpose. The proposals considered financially viable (as to price & terms of payment) will be brought back to an open and public meeting for discussion.
- Prior to the consideration of the proposals in open session, the City will hold a public workshop to provide the community an opportunity to review and comment on the proposals.
- A Council meeting will be held on a date after the community workshop to consider the proposals, receive public input and potentially direct staff to negotiate with the preferred selected team.
On Tuesday, September 4 at 4pm, the City Council will consider the proposals for price and terms of payment in Closed Session, and direct staff to bring back all proposals financially viable (as to price & terms of payment) to a future Council meeting. The Closed Session will be held at City Administrative Offices, 922 Machin Avenue, Novato, CA 94945.