Stay up-to-date on what is happening in your City of Novato:
- Sign-up to receive notifications via e-mail and/or text message on topics YOU CHOOSE including news, events, and City Council meeting previews and highlights.
- Check out our e-newsletter and sign-up to receive featured stories and information on city projects, programs, new initiatives, policy decisions, and helpful resident and business information.
Council Provides Direction on City-owned Hamilton Properties
At their meeting on November 28, 2017, the City Council provided direction to staff to begin a Request for Proposals (RFP) process(es) for four City-owned parcels in Hamilton including:
- Town Center site (the former theater, parking lot and community center), APN 157-690-47
- Commissary site, APN 157-970-03
- Old Gym Parking Lot, APN 157-690-37
- Bachelor Officer's Quarters/Officer's Club/Old Gym site, APN 157-690-53
This is the first step in a comprehensive process that may lead to reuse/redevelopment of one or more of these four sites.
Next steps will include bringing back a detailed plan for a proposed RFP process to Council for discussion and review. The details will include a timeline, community engagement plan, and a layout of the review and selection process.
Council requested that the RFP(s) allow for multiple options such as City Retention and Reuse, Sale (which could be to a public entity, private entity, non-profit, etc.), Lease, Public/Private/Non-profit Partnership, or Public-Public Partnership.
Any reuse/redevelopment of these sites will occur only after a comprehensive public engagement process, environmental review and noticed public hearings before the Design Review Committee, Planning Commission and City Council. Decisions will not be made without significant input from the community throughout the entire process for each parcel.
More information on this topic and to sign-up for updates via email and/or text message, visit novato.org/hamiltonproperties.