City Council Closed Session at 4:30pm - Open Session begins at 6:00pm
- Date: 03/27/2018 6:00 PM
- Location: Novato City Hall
901 Sherman Ave
Novato, California 94945
March 27, 2018
The City Council welcomes you to attend its meetings which are regularly scheduled on most Tuesdays at 6:00 p.m. Please check the Calendar at www.novato.org for exact dates. Your interest is encouraged and appreciated. For information about Public Comment periods and protocols, please see more information below. Agendas and supporting materials are available on the Council’s website listed above, and are available for public review at the following location:
City Offices: 922 Machin Avenue, Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00p.m.
The agenda is divided into three main sections, and includes other categories covering routine business. All references to “City Council” include those other agencies which may be listed at the top of the Agenda. The City Council may discuss and/or take action on any or all of the items listed on the agenda.
CONSENT CALENDAR: All matters listed on the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by a single vote of the Council. There will be no separate discussion unless specific items are removed from the Consent Calendar for separate discussion and action. Any Councilmember may remove an item from the Consent Calendar and place it under General Business for discussion.
GENERAL BUSINESS: These items include significant and administrative actions of special interest and will usually include a staff presentation and discussion by the Council. They will be acted upon by a separate vote.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: Public Hearings are announced and advertised in advance to allow interested persons to make comments for, against, or otherwise, regarding a proposed project or decision. Anyone who challenges any hearing matter in court may be limited to only those issues raised at the public hearing described herein, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council at, or prior to, the public hearing.
ADDENDUM: If urgent matters arise after the publication of the regular agenda, there will be an addendum. It will be posted at the above referenced locations by Friday at 5:00 p.m. the week before the meeting.
SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS: Materials that are submitted to members of the City Council after the agenda packet has been distributed are available for public inspection in the City Clerk's Office, located at 922 Machin Avenue, during normal business hours. Such materials shall also be made available on the City of Novato website at www.novato.org, when practical and provided that City staff is able to post those documents prior to the meeting. A binder is available for the public at the meeting to view any distributed materials. Also, when non-confidential written materials are distributed to members of the City Council during a public meeting by staff or a member of the City Council, copies shall be made available to members of the public following that meeting.
DISABLED ACCOMMODATION: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at (415) 899-8900. Notification at least 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable accommodation to help insure accessibility to this meeting. Please note that Council Chambers is equipped with a Hearing Loop (aka "T-Loop"), under the raised ceiling in the middle of the room. In addition, assistive listening receivers are available for checkout at the meeting from the City Clerk.
APPOINTMENTS TO COMMITTEES: The Council may establish and make appointments to a Council committee (made up of two Councilmembers) with respect to any item appearing on this agenda.
PUBLIC COMMENT: All members of the public wishing to address the City Council are requested to submit a speaker card in advance to the City Clerk. The Mayor will call the names of speakers from the cards. In addition to receiving comment from the public during the Public Comment period, the Mayor will recognize persons from the audience who wish to address the City Council on a particular agenda item, at the time that item is considered by the City Council. There is a three minute time limit to speak although the Mayor may shorten the time based on the number of speakers. A speaker may not yield his or her time to another speaker. For issues raised during Public Comments that are not on the published agenda, no action can legally be taken. The City Council may direct that the item be referred to the City Manager for action or may schedule the item on a subsequent agenda.
The Mayor has the authority to rule any speaker out of order, including speakers during the Public Comment period, if the subject raised is not within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council, or during a public hearing or a general business item if the speaker is not presenting testimony or evidence relevant to the matter or if the speaker becomes disruptive to the proceedings and conduct of the meeting.
The Mayor also has the authority to order any person who willfully interrupts the meeting to be removed from the room. All persons are expected to conduct themselves with civility and courtesy at all times. All persons giving comments shall speak directly to the Council and address issues, not individuals. Personal attacks, cursing and outbursts from the audience in support or opposition to a speaker are not tolerated in order to foster an environment where everyone feels welcome to speak.
|CITY OF NOVATO
922 Machin Avenue
Novato, California 94945
NOVATO CITY COUNCIL
CLOSED SESSION MEETING
to be held at
CITY OF NOVATO ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES
922 MACHIN AVENUE, 2ND FLOOR
BAGET CONFERENCE ROOM
March 27, 2018
A. CALL TO ORDER
1. Public Comment at 922 Machin Avenue
2. Recess to Closed Session
B. CLOSED SESSION ITEMS
1. Conference with Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation
Initiation of litigation pursuant to paragraph (4) of subdivision (d) of Section 54956.9 of the Cal. Gov't Code: One potential case
2. Conference with Legal Counsel – Existing Litigation
(California Government Code - Paragraph (1) of Subdivision (d) of Section 54956.9)
Name of Case:
Rick R. Tucker, Plaintiff, v. Shalee Cunningham an individual; Donald Scioli, an individual; Novato Public Access Television, Inc. aka "NPAT," a corporation; Novato Unified School District, a public entity; City of Novato, a public entity; Does 1 through 50, inclusive, Defendants.
Marin County Superior Court
Case No.: CIV 1401954
3. Public Employee Performance Evaluation
(California Government Code Section 54957)
Title: City Attorney
C. ADJOURNMENT OF CLOSED SESSION MEETING
NOVATO CITY COUNCIL MEETING
to be held at
NOVATO CITY HALL
901 SHERMAN AVENUE
March 27, 2018
A G E N D A
A. CONVENE, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, AND ROLL CALL
B. CLOSED SESSION ANNOUNCEMENT
The City Council met in closed session to discuss Item B as listed on the Closed Session Agenda.
C. CEREMONIAL MATTERS/PRESENTATIONS
1. Ceremonial Matter: Proclamation presented to the Fair Housing Advocates of Northern California in recognition of the 50th Anniversary of the Fair Housing Act and acknowledging the month of April as Fair Housing Month
2. Presentation: Novato Sanitary District Update by Board President Jerry Peters and General Manager-Chief Engineer Sandeep Karkal
D. APPROVAL OF THE FINAL AGENDA
6:30 P.M. (Time is approximate)
E. REPORTS FROM THE CITY COUNCIL & CITY MANAGER
1. Councilmember and City Manager Reports
Each Council member and the City Manager have three (3) minutes each to report on any item regarding conferences or meetings, or his/her activities as needed.
6:50 P.M. (Time is approximate)
F. PUBLIC COMMENTS
This comment session is for items not on the agenda or for items listed on the Consent Calendar. See agenda cover page for information about Public Comment periods and associated protocol.
G. CONSENT CALENDAR
1. Waive reading and authorize introductions and/or adoption of ordinances by title only
(This is a standard procedural action to waive any readings of an ordinance on this agenda, so that the City Council does not have to read the ordinance in its entirety.)
6. Award the construction contract for the Marin Valley Country Club Clubhouse Exterior and Pool Facilities Improvements Project in the total amount of $180,000, which includes an allowance for additional work from the Additive Alternate Bid Items and the standard 10% contingency, to Coastside Concrete and Construction Inc. as the lowest responsible bidder submitting the lowest responsive bid and authorize the City Manager to execute the contract
7. Adopt a resolution approving the plans and specifications, authorizing advertisement of bids for the Dogbone Meadow Park Renovations Project (CIP Project Number 15-005) and making findings that the project is exempt from the requirements of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) pursuant to CEQA guidelines Section 15302, Replacement or Reconstruction, and Section 15304, Minor Alterations to Land
8. Adopt a resolution approving the Final Map for the Hamilton Cottages Subdivision (located on North Hamilton Parkway, east of B Street on a parcel of land referred to as the Hamilton Senior Triangle or Planning Area 19, APN 157-860-03), authorizing the City Manager to execute the Subdivision Improvement Agreement with Ryder Homes of California dba Hamilton Cottages, LLC, and authorizing the City Manager to execute associated utility easement grant deeds
9. Receive and approve the filing of the 2017 Annual Housing Element (Chapter III of the City's General Plan) Progress Report with the California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) and the Governor's Office of Planning and Research (OPR)
11. Approve the contract with Mark43, Inc. for the 5-year license of the selected public safety software platform for the computer aided dispatch (CAD) and record management system (RMS) in the amount of $265,750 for the first-year implementation base price, and authorize the City Manager to sign the License and Services Agreement and other related documents associated with this license
H. UNFINISHED AND OTHER BUSINESS
No items are listed for this section
7:05 P.M. (Time is approximate)
I. PUBLIC HEARINGS
(1) Introducing an ordinance to modify the radar enforceable speed limit from 30 mph to 25 mph in both directions on Palmer Drive between Redwood Boulevard and Ignacio Boulevard, and
(2) Finding the modification exempt from the requirements of CEQA pursuant to CEQA guidelines Section 15061 (b)(3)
(1) Adopting a resolution approving a mitigated negative declaration (MND),
(2) Introducing an ordinance to rescind an existing master plan, as applicable to the project site, and approve the Bahia Heights Master Plan, Precise Development Plan, and Design Review,
(3) Adopting a resolution approving the Vesting Tentative Subdivision Map, including a Payment of an Affordable Housing In-Lieu Fee,
(4) Adopting a resolution approving a Vacation of a Non-Access Strip, and
(5) Adopting a resolution to approve a Grant of a Water Line Easement and authorize the City Manager to execute same for a 9-lot single family residential subdivision in the Bahia neighborhood (APN 143-272-07, end of Misty Road)
8:05 P.M. (Time is approximate)
J. GENERAL BUSINESS
16. Conduct a public meeting to consider and provide direction to staff regarding the findings and recommendations contained in the Downtown Novato Parking Study prepared by Walker Parking and a policy white paper prepared by the Community Development Department
K. COMMISSIONS, COMMITTEES AND BOARDS (CCB's) APPOINTMENTS
This section is used by the City Council to make appointments to fill vacancy/vacancies on their Commissions, Committees and Boards.
No items are listed for this section.
9:30 P.M. (Time is approximate)
L. WORK STUDY SESSION
20. Consider reviewing and discussing the format, Mission, Vision, Core Values and Goals #1 & 2 of the Strategic Plan; and, providing staff with direction on the final version of those items to be contained within the Strategic Plan
11:00 P.M. (Time is approximate.)
AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
I, Terrie Gillen, certify that on March 22, 2018, I caused to be posted the agendas of the closed and open sessions of the March 27, 2018 meeting of the City Council of the City of Novato, California, on the City Community Service Board in the Police Department and on the City's website at www.novato.org.
|Back to Novato City Council