|For Daily Sweep Schedule:||Voice Recording: 899-8256|
|Map of Sweep Areas|
One full-time sweeper operator cleans approximately 290 curb miles of gutter per sweep cycle and removes an estimated 80 to 200 cubic yards of debris. The sweeper completes a Citywide circuit every four to five weeks. We maintain 16 sweep areas including all roadway islands. Each area is broken out into 24 to 28 curb mile segments.
Each November a backup sweeper is put into service to pick up heavy leaf fall. Heavy leaf fall areas are swept as needed to ensure vehicle safety and nonrestricted water flow during winter rains.
Homeowners and residents are encouraged to pick up their leaves as part of green waste recycling provided by Novato Disposal. The City asks that leaves are not raked or thrown in the gutter. This creates a potential hazard for vehicles, pedestrians and clogs our storm drain inlets.
- Downtown Area Every Monday 4:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Grant Ave., Redwood Blvd. & Side Streets from San Marin to Rowland
- Commercial & Industrial Areas Every Other Monday 4:00 AM to 7:00 AM
- Bel Marin Keys Industrial Park, Rush Landing & Vintage Oaks
- Residential Areas 2 through 10 Tuesday to Friday 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM