The Public Works Department is responsible for the construction, repair, and maintenance of assets and infrastructure owned by the City. Examples are buildings, parks, streets, storm drains and sewers.
We provide engineering, surveying, and project management services for other City departments including Parks and Police. We oversee the design and construction of new facilities as well as improvements to existing facilities. We work closely with contractors and consultants to ensure all assets are built to City specifications and standards and are within budgeted limits. It is our job to maintain and protect the community's investment.
Recent Capital Projects
- Bahia Mini Parks Improvements
- Dogbone Meadow Improvements
- Hamilton Levee Seepage Collection System, Phase II
- City Administrative Offices
- Novato Blvd. Improvement Project
- Safe Routes to Schools
- Streetlight Conversion Program
- Downtown Wayfinding Signage
- Olive Ave Improvements/Rush Creek Drainage Improvements
- Olive Avenue Class II Bike Lanes
Sign-up to receive e-mail updates on City Capital Projects.
Refer to the Capital Improvement Program Budget for a listing and estimated cost of existing and planned City projects.
The City of Novato current manages 800 streets or 144 miles of roadway, 18 miles of road shoulder, and a variety of related structures and facilities within the road right-of-way, to keep our streets safe for our community. READ MORE