The V.I.P.S. program comprises volunteers committed to assisting the Novato Police Department in its goal of enhancing community safety, protecting life and property, and reducing crime and the fear of crime.
Since 2004, volunteers have donated thousands of hours of their time to the Department and the Novato community by addressing community requests that are non-criminal in nature and including the Neighborhood Patrol/Vacation House Check Program, Neighborhood Watch programs, and other integral community programs provided by the NPD.
Other duties provided by our volunteers include:
- Data entry/extraction for statistical purposes
- Administrative tasks related to parking enforcement
- Processing subpoenas
- Citation transmittal to traffic court
- General clerical duties, filing, shredding, etc.
- Microfilming project
- Disaster committee—Training and Preparation
- Crime prevention
- Telephone surveys
- Participation in Special Events
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please contact us at 415-897-4361 or by e-mail.