The City of Novato will be closed for the Christmas Holiday beginning Monday, December 25, 2017 through, January 1, 2018.
The City of Novato Code Enforcement Division Operates under the Community Development Department. Code Enforcement consists of three investigation sections:
- Code Enforcement
- Investigates and enforces violations of the City of Novato Municipal Code
- Housing Inspection
- Inspects multi-family housing of three or more units
- Resale Inspection
- Inspects all residential properties, prior to ownership transfer
Reporting a Code Violation
There are many conditions on a property that may be in violation of the City of Novato Municipal Code or California Building Code, some conditions more common than others.
Please Note: Code Enforcement only investigates violations on private property.
Violations can be reported by completing the Code Enforcement Complaint Form. In order for a complaint to be investigated, the following information is required:
- location of potential violation
- property owner name and phone number (if known)
- description of potential violation
- Your name, phone number, address and email address (this information is confidential)
Please submit your completed form either as an attachment via email, by dropping it off at City Administrative Offices, OR mailing it to:
City of Novato
Attn: Code Enforcement
922 Machin Ave
Novato, CA 94945
Complaints are investigated in the order they are submitted. Any possible violations which are or may be safety issues do take priority over all other complaints. A Code Enforcement Officer may contact you if further information is required. Note: Anonymous and/or incomplete complaints are not investigated.