City Manager, Regan M. Candelario
The City Manager oversees the management and operations of all City departments and services.
In a Council-Manager form of government, the City Council sets policy and City Manager manages the day-to-day administration of City government which includes:
- assisting the City Council in establishing Citywide goals and policies and ensures that Council directions are implemented;
- providing information to the community on City programs, services, activities and community issues;
- coordinates with other local and regional agencies in order to promote and protect the interests of the City and ensure the efficient delivery of services to the community;
- promotes the economic vitality of the community through economic development and redevelopment efforts;
- and provides special administrative attention, oversight and tracking to ensure critical milestones are met on Council priorities.
Assistant City Manager
The Assistant City Manager oversees the Administrative Services Department which includes Human Resources, Risk Management, Information Technology and Finance divisions. Other duties include:
- administration and coordination of Department programs, services and activities;
- high level administrative duties, including legislative analysis, internal organizational issues, and representing the City on outside committees;
- administration of the City's workers' compensation and liability insurance programs;
- research, implement and maintain projects of special nature that have citywide significance;
- and serve as Acting City Manager when assigned.