Measure F Oversight Responsibilities:
The Committee shall have the following responsibilities related to its role as the Measure F Oversight Committee:
1. Discuss and provide input to staff on Measure F-related budget proposals.
2. Review and report on the revenue generated, expenditures made and use of Measure F funds from the tax adopted by the Measure F ordinance.
3. Present the report referenced in (2) to the City Council and make it available to the public.
4. Comment on any concerns regarding the appropriateness of Measure F related expenditure allocations.
5. Comment on status of efforts to achieve fiscal sustainability.
Citizens Finance Responsibilities:
The Committee shall have the following responsibilities related to its role as the Citizens Finance Committee:
1. Review existing fiscal policies and/or recommend new fiscal policies to the City Council; including guidelines for the use of fund balances, surpluses and other reserves.
2. Review budget assumptions and budget process.
3. Review the City's financial status quarterly.
4. Collaborate with City staff to determine long-term financial needs and obligations.
5. Collaborate with City staff to review all reasonable strategies which either enhance revenues or decrease expenditures as methods for reducing and ultimately eliminating the structural deficit and achieving fiscal sustainability.
6. Collaborate with staff on strategies to encourage public information and communication regarding the City’s financial situation and options for improving the City’s financial health.
|No. of Members:||The Committe shall be comprised of seven (7) members|
|Tenure:||2 years. Expires 9/1|
|Agendas and Minutes:||Agendas and Minutes|
|Commissioner/Name||Term Begins||Term Expires|
|Robert J. Scott, Jr.||September 1, 2016||September 1, 2018|
|Don Bibeault||September 1, 2015||September 1, 2017|
|David Bentley||September 1, 2015||September 1, 2017|
|Cris MacKenzie||September 1, 2015||September 1, 2017|
|Caitrin Devine||September 1, 2016||September 1, 2018|
|Tim O’Connor||September 1, 2016||September 1, 2018|
|Regina Bianucci Rus||September 1, 2015||September 1, 2017|