"DO 1 THING" TO PREPARE YOURSELF FOR A FUTURE DISASTER
In an effort to continue providing a robust emergency management program that combines and coordinates the resources of both the City of Novato and the Novato Fire District, the two organizations unveiled a new feature, "Do 1 Thing," which highlights a preparedness tip once a month to the Novato community.
"Do 1 Thing" is a non-profit organization that builds stronger communities through emergency preparedness and emphasizes simple and easy steps you can take, each month, to improve your preparedness. This program is distributed locally by Novato Emergency Management, a partnership of the City of Novato and Novato Fire District.
1) "Do 1 Thing" to prepare for a disaster
2) Prepare your family
3) Plan how you will communicate during a disaster
4) Build community resiliency--get trained
5) Prepare for the next earthquake
6) How to stay informed during an emergency
7) How to prepare for an extended power outage
8) How to create an emergency kit and supplies
9) Be prepared to save a life while waiting for Emergency Services