Stay up-to-date on what is happening in your City of Novato:
- Sign-up to receive notifications via e-mail and/or text message on topics YOU CHOOSE including news, events, and City Council meeting previews and highlights.
- Check out our e-newsletter and sign-up to receive featured stories and information on city projects, programs, new initiatives, policy decisions, and helpful resident and business information.
Recap of 6/20 City Council Meeting
** (note: following are highlights only; for more detailed information, please see meeting minutes)
No ceremonial matters or presentations
CONSENT CALENDAR - Council approved the following item:
Council received a presentation, discussed grant funding for Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) and adopted resolutions on three separate agenda items:
- Adopt a resolution confirming compliance with the California Surplus Lands Act
- Adopt a resolution to exchange grant funds for the Carmel Open Space Acquisition with local funds and adopt a resolution of local support for the recipient project
- Adopt a resolution to exchange grant funds for the Hill Recreation Area with local funds and adopt a resolution of local support for the recipient project
Council discussed the Proposed FY 17/18 Operating and Capital Budgets and approved a resolution adopting the final budget, approved a resolution adopting the final budget of the Novato Public Finance Authority and approved a resolution authorizing personnel allocation changes as part of the 2017/18 City Budget.
The City budget process for FY 2017/18 began in Feb 2017 and has included a series of community workshops held on March 25, March 30, and April 5 in Hamilton, San Marin, and Downtown; the Capital Improvement Program City Council work session on April 18, 2017, the Operating Budget City Council work session on April 25, 2017, and continued discussion and budget direction received from the City Council at its May 9, May 16, 2017 and June 6 & 13, 2017 meetings. The Proposed FY 2017/18 Budget is available online at novato.org/citybudget.
Video of meeting
Upcoming meeting: June 27, 2017 at 7:30pm (Please note: this meeting will begin at 7:30pm)