Stay up-to-date on what is happening in your City of Novato:
- Sign-up to receive notifications via e-mail and/or text message on topics YOU CHOOSE including news, events, and City Council meeting previews and highlights.
- Check out our e-newsletter and sign-up to receive featured stories and information on city projects, programs, new initiatives, policy decisions, and helpful resident and business information.
Recap of 3/28 City Council Meeting
** (note: following are highlights only; for more detailed information, please see meeting minutes)
The City Council recognized and thanked Pam Shinault, Parks, Recreation and Community Service Department Director, for her 20 years of dedication and service to Novato residents. Pam is leaving the City of Novato at the end of March for a position with the City of Beverly Hills.
CONSENT CALENDAR - Council approved the following items:
Consider approving a local debt policy in accordance with SB 1029—a state requirement of local governments to have in place a “local debt policy” at least 30 days prior to the issuance of bonds. The local debt policy is required to have certain elements, including the following:
- The purposes for which the debt proceeds may be used;
- The types of debt that may be issued;
- The relationship of the debt to, and integration with, the issuer’s capital improvement program or budget, if applicable;
- Policy goals related to the issuer’s planning goals and objectives; and
- The internal control procedures that the issuer has implemented, or will implement, to ensure that the proceeds of the proposed debt issuance will be directed to the intended use.
Consider 1) approving the proposed conceptual design for the Hill Recreation Area and Margaret Todd Senior Center Master Plan Capital Improvement Project and authorize initiation of environmental review (CEQA);
Council approved the conceptual design for the Hill Rec Area Masterplan (novato.org/hillmasterplan) and the commencement of the environmental review process that needs to occur before construction begins. Additionally, Council directed staff to come back to Council with a funding strategy to implement the Masterplan.
Consider authorizing the City Manager to issue Requests for Proposals for the Hamilton Federal Lands to Parks Exchange Parcels—THIS ITEM WAS PULLED FROM THE AGENDA AND WILL BE CONSIDERED AT A FUTURE MEETING ON A DATE TO BE DETERMINED.
Video of meeting
Upcoming meeting: Tuesday, April 4 at 6pm
NOTE: Starting April 4, City Council meetings will begin at 6pm.