Stay up-to-date on what is happening in your City of Novato:
- Sign-up to receive notifications via e-mail and/or text message on topics YOU CHOOSE including news, events, and City Council meeting previews and highlights.
- Check out our e-newsletter and sign-up to receive featured stories and information on city projects, programs, new initiatives, policy decisions, and helpful resident and business information.
Take the Novato City Budget Challenge
We are in the process of developing our City operating and capital budgets for the 2017-2018 fiscal year and want to hear from you! Take the Novato City Budget Challenge by participating in an online discussion to share your budget priorities with us at novato.org/OpenNovato.
We've even included a City budget overview to help you understand how the City’s budget is developed, where the City’s revenues come from, and how the City spends those revenues.
You can also join us at one of our upcoming Budget Planning Workshops:
Learn about the City's budgeting process and its finances. City staff from each department will be there to answer your questions and get your feedback.
Thursday, March 30, 7-9pm
All Saints Lutheran Church
2 San Marin Drive
Wednesday, April 5, 6:30-8:30pm
Downtown Recreation Center
950 7th Street
City Council Meetings
Staff will take the community feedback from the budget planning workshops and survey—and will present budget recommendations to the City Council at City Hall, 901 Sherman Avenue on the following dates:
Tuesday, April 18, 6pm
Capital Improvement Program
Tuesday, April 25, 6pm
Operating Budget Work Session--to include department presentations from:
- Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
- Community Development
- Public Works
- Central Administration (City Manager, City Clerk, Economic Development, Communications & Public Engagement)
- Administrative Services (IT, Finance, Human Resources)
Tuesday, May 9, 6pm
City Council will provide final direction on the budget
Tuesday, June 13, 6pm
City Council will hold a public hearing to consider adopting the budget
For more info and to signup for budget updates, please visit novato.org/citybudget.