Novato Sustainability & Climate Action Community Forum
- Date: 04/07/2018 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Location: Novato City Hall
901 Sherman Avenue
Novato, California 94945
Please join the City of Novato for a community conversation about our changing climate on Saturday, April 7 from 10am-1pm at City Hall, 901 Sherman Avenue. Learn how you can actively engage in putting our Novato Climate Action Plan to work!
The forum will include:
- An overview of the City's climate change planning process to date;
- A snapshot of initiatives being implemented to 'green' our City operations; and
- Facilitated roundtable conversations to share ideas, build community, gather input, and identify solutions that align with community needs and priorities.
The City's Climate Action Plan identifies a series of measures to achieve a greenhouse gas reduction target of 15% below 2005 emission levels by 2020, and a 40% reduction by 2035. While we are well on our way to achieving the 15% target, we know that the next target will be far more challenging, requiring a much broader range of solutions and strategies.
Our community organizations, businesses, schools, social service and public agencies, and individuals all have a vital role to play in preventing further changes to our climate and we want to hear your voice! Our hope is that you will leave the forum feeling inspired and empowered to make a difference.
We will be serving some light refreshments and snacks, so please RSVP at novatoclimateforum.eventbrite.com.