GET READY -- FREE Community Disaster Preparedness Course
Free 2-hour class to prepare you & yours for the next disaster
- Date: 05/02/2017 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Location: All Saints Lutheran Church
2 San Marin Drive
Novato, California 94945
- Introduction: Get Ready prepares households with the necessary skills and information to survive and cope with a disaster for five to seven days.
On Tuesday, May 2, 2017, the Novato Police Department will hold a Get Ready community disaster preparedness course from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM at the All Saints Lutheran Church, 2 San Marin Drive, Novato, CA.
Wildland fire season is rapidly approaching and, of course, it’s always “earthquake season” in California. If a major disaster were to strike the North Bay, first responders would be heavily committed to rescue and relief efforts. Response times will likely be much longer than normal. Are you prepared? Is your family prepared?
To address these public safety risks, a simple and free two-hour emergency preparedness program is being offered to all households in the county through the Get Ready Emergency Disaster Preparedness Program, which is a collaborative effort between Marin County communities and jurisdictions with a goal to prepare households with the skills and information to survive and cope with a disaster for five to seven days.
- Prepared citizens means reduced injuries and illnesses due to a disaster
- A reduction to the over-burdened emergency first-responders
- A reduction to the over-burdened hospitals and urgent care centers
- A reduction in the financial burden the city will bear due to disaster
- A stronger community: people helping each other
- Gain the necessary information to protect your family during a disaster
Advanced registration is required. Scheduled classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not met. Enrollment is FREE.
Registration must be made through Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/get-ready-novato-tickets-21796889082?ref=ebtn